Hypermobility Syndromes Association (HMSA)
The HMSA is a dynamic charity providing a network of support groups throughout the UK. All our Group Leaders are trained and have clear DBSs (previously called a Criminal Records Bureau check). The HMSA is proud that our groups are recommended by many hospitals and individual professionals because of our positive ethos and the dedication and professionalism of our Group Leaders.
• IS accredited website. ( dedicated professional members area under development)
• Open and closed social media groups for peer support, moderated to ensure they are safe and accurate (some areas are only accessible by members)
• Helpline for support and advice, 5 days a week
• Local support groups, run by trained volunteers*
• Locally run Facebook groups* – secure places to ask questions and gain valuable peer support, moderated by trained volunteers.
• Residential conferences and HMSA Hypermobility Masterclass events, offering a chance to socialise with others who understand life with a hypermobility related syndromes and disorders and improve understanding and their management**
• 1:1 advice from trained staff.*
*denotes a members only benefits
**priority given to members