Friends of Fareham Community Hospital
The Friends of Fareham Community Hospital have been formed to give support to the new Hospital and help to link it with the community which it serves. We help to provide guidance to users on entering the hospital, operate a dementia friendly memory club, operate the blood test desk, raise funds for equipment and materials which are outwith the limited budget of the NHS and raise awareness of the services available at the hospital.
FFCH as we call it was started in June 2010 soon after the Hospital was established. Set up as a charity in September 2011, the Friends’ initial objectives are:
- to provide Volunteers for a welcoming and guided stewarding service for patients and to help man certain reception desks
- to enhance the waiting area with, among other things, flowers, magazines and useful information about local patient support groups
- to publicise the Hospital’s services and activities throughout the community
- to encourage local organisations and businesses to support the Hospital where appropriate
- to bring to the attention of the Hospital staff any concerns or suggestions from the public of which they may become aware, for instance the need for the return of a local centre for medical equipment loans.